Contributions from David Walden
I live with my wife on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. You can learn a bit more
about me by looking at my web site.
this web site. My Mother, Velva Walden, developed the original version of the Diede genealogy
that Margie Zimmerman Jackson has continued developing.
My email address is .
Report of visit of Velva (Diede) Walden and son David Walden to relatives in German in 1981
- An oral history (1MB PDF
file) exists by Velva M. Diede, daughter of Christian Diede and
Maria Reich. The section on Velva's years in North Dakota is relevant
to Diede family history.
- My great grandfather and grandmother, Chritian Diede and Christina Will
- My great grandfather: Christian Diede, Sr., obituary (from Hebron newspaper, a Thursday in April 1935)
- 2006 reunion of the descendents of Christian Diede, Sr. -- if you were there, ask me for the userid and password (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- My grandfather: Christian Diede obituary
- My uncle: Herman Diede obituary
- My uncle: Oscar Diede obituary
- My mother's cousin (daughter of her Uncle Dave): Myrtle Feil obituary
- My uncle Ishmael's wife, Rose Diede: Rose Diede obituary, Bismarck Tribune, October 17, 2005, page 5A.
Rose Diede died on October 15, 2005. The funeral service was held at the United Church of Christ in Bismarck at 11am on October 19.
Rose Diede photo.
- My uncle Ishmael Diede died on December 16, 2011: obituary, Bismarck Tribune. The funeral service was held at the United Church of Christ in Bismarck at 2pm on December 20.
- My mother: Velva M. (Diede) Walden obituaries, etc..
- My mother: Velva M. (Diede) Walden biography.